This post has changed just a bit compared to last year’s so I wanted to do an updated post on what to pack in your carry-ons when traveling with kids! There are quite a few things I took with us last year that I learned weren’t 100% necessary so this list is exactly what we are packing! The kids are only aware of some of the items within their backpacks and the others are a surprise for when we get on the plane – so much more fun that way! I have packed up their backpacks myself and they are hidden until we board the plane! You can check out what’s inside below and in my stories today!
What to Pack in Your Carry-Ons When Traveling with Kids
IN THE KIDS BACKPACKS:
1. Vintage Girls Backpack | My oldest is using her school backpack from this year and my middle is using this adorable vintage school backpack! For little man I actually bought this one with a leash. Never thought I would be the mom with the little kid on a leash but here I am 😉 ha!
2. Busy Cube – Activity Board Toddler Toys | This little gadget is the best – Miles plays with it for a good amount of time so I brought it as a distraction!
3. Wikki Stix | These are awesome! Can be made into things and kids can just get creative with them. We have been using these for travel for years!
4. Reusable Color with Water Activity Pad | These are awesome and always great for a trip
5. Disposable Toilet Seat Covers | Because having your kids on random public toilet seats is the grossest thing ever – ha!
7. LCD Writing Tablet | My girls love to play around with these!
8. Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet | We reserve these for travel only (at least for now) and we are loading up apps onto them now. I will keep you updated on the ones we download and the ones that were most suggested from my stories the other day!
9. Polly Pocket | I still can’t believe these are back in action and better than ever – awesome for travel.
10. RXBAR Protein Bar | SNACKS. Pack all the snacks – they are a great distraction technique when necessary.
11. Unicorn Snuggler | Each child packs their lovies 😉
IN MY CARRY-ON BAG:
1. Freshly Convertible Diaper Backpack | This is the diaper backpack I always use – lots of pockets and great for the plane!
2. Travel Document Organizer | I use this for all our passports and documents
3. Waterproof Sleeved Bib | Because Miles is a slob 😉
4. Hand Sanitizer Gel Infused with Essential Oils | ALL the sanitizer.
5. HOBO Vintage Lauren Wallet | SO many of you had suggested this wallet to me a few months back because I was in need of a new one and you were RIGHT, best wallet ever.
6. Jackery Portable Charger | This is the greatest portable charger when on the go!
7. Toiletry Bag with Handle Strap | I use these special plane carry-on toiletry bags for the items mentioned below
I put these items inside it:
9. Collapsible Water Bottle | These take up NO space at all and is SO easy to pack for water on the go for the kids!
OTHER ITEMS FOR THE PLANE/AIRPORT
1. ZOE XL2 Best Double Stroller | This stroller is SO FREAKING GOOD for a double umbrella stroller with plenty of space underneath too! We bring it right to the plane terminal and just have them put it underneath during the flight
2. Cosco Scenera NEXT Car Seat | This car seat is airline approved and we brought it last year for the little guy. It weighs literally nothing
3. LÍLLÉbaby 3 in 1 CarryOn Toddler Carrier | CANNOT WAIT TO USE THIS. Heard awesome things about it and it holds a 20-60 pound toddler, how crazy is that??!