We are prepping for our Europe trip and I wanted to put together a travel capsule wardrobe for you all! This capsule contains 20 items and I put together 15 outfits at the end of the post, but just know that there are SO many more combinations! Also note that you don’t need the mules AND the Pikolinos, I just couldn’t make up my mind and included both. I may only end up bringing one pair with me but for the sake of getting this post up, I included both 🙂 We are only taking TWO backpacks with us on our trip (I will do another post on this in the future) and I needed to keep my wardrobe limited. We will have access to laundry along the trip during our 15 day stay so that is immensely helpful. This capsule is more for fall/winter/early spring and wouldn’t really work for a summer getaway but if you guys love it, maybe I will create another one for summer weather!
TRAVEL CAPSULE WARDROBE: THE 20 ITEMS
Here are your 20 items! You could definitely do without the striped sweater but I felt like it added some much needed color to the capsule and to be honest, it’s my favorite piece out of everything! The important thing to note here is that everything flows really well together. You will want to pull together a color palette first and then coordinate the capsule around that color palette! This will ensure that all of your outfits are interchangeable. It’s also smart to limit yourself to 3 pairs of shoes. I am also bringing a pair of sneakers so that I can go on a few runs (this is my favorite way to get a peek into places we visit) and I will be wearing those on the plane as well since they take up a lot of space!
2. MADEWELL The Remi Mule | Just bought these because they are so classic and easy to throw on. My beloved Seychelles are wearing through at the bottom from overuse so these are my new replacements!
3. MADEWELL Patch Pocket Pullover Sweater in Walton Stripe | My favorite pick out of this whole capsule. These colors scream fall and I love how it ties the whole capsule together
4. AERIE Raw Cut City Sweatshirt | One of my favorite sweatshirts – looks great with leggings too!
5. ABLE Abera Crossbody Tote | I have had this tote for awhile now and love it’s quality!
6. MADEWELL Whisper Cotton V-Neck Pocket Tee | My favorite white tee
7. UNIVERSAL THREAD Labette Denim Long Sleeve Button-Down | I wore this in my Target try on recently and it came home with me because of it’s versatility!
9. PIKOLINOS Pyrgos Oxford | Ya’ll know about my love for these comfortable babies!
10. ZELLA Live In High Waist Leggings | My absolute favorite leggings
11. CITIZENS OF HUMANITY Sculpt – Rocket High Waist Skinny Jeans | This is the one pair of jeans I decided to take with me. I bought these last year, and yes, they are pricey but 150% worth every penny.
12. ANN TAYLOR Jogger Pants | These look adorable dressed up OR down!
13. MADEWELL Jersey Maxi Tank Dress | A great dress that can be worn as is if it’s warmer or layered when cold!
14. CONVERSE Chuck Taylor® ‘Shoreline’ Sneaker | I live in mine!
15. Denim Jacket | A necessity for layering
16. O’NEILL Galley Shaker Stitch Cardigan | Love the color of this cardigan and that drape is amazing. I will be wearing this on the plane since it will take up a lot of space in a backpack! I also use it as a blanket for the kids on the plane if needed!
17. MADEWELL Canvas Baseball Cap | Great for those days when hair hates you 😉
18. BARBOUR Marloes Coat | A great coat for when it’s raining or chilly!
19. MADEWELL Leather Crisscross Skinny Belt | The only belt I own and love
I put together 14 outfit ideas for you below, but just know that there are endless possibilities when it comes to putting together outfits for this capsule! You can follow along with me on my trip to see all the combinations that I come up with!
15. Denim Jacket