Next up in the travel posts is a breakdown of our favorite travel items for kids (& baby too)! Best way to think about traveling with kids is LESS IS ALWAYS MORE. There is nothing worse than having a huge duffel bag of toys and junk that they won’t even play with or use. When it comes to travel, we always bring snacks because there is nothing like a HANGRY child to ruin your day! Make sure they are well fed! When it comes to airplane travel, I am very minimal with what we need. I broke it all down for you below but I did forget one thing! We are traveling with a small baby monitor on this Europe trip so that we will be able to venture around our airbnb (sit outside) and still hear the kids when they are sleeping! I ordered this one here because I heard awesome reviews on it!
Our Favorite Travel Items for Kids
1. BedBox® by JetKids® | I am SO excited to try this out. I just need to call our airline to make sure it is compatible! This ride along suitcase also turns into a BED for kids to lay down on flights. Will be perfect for our red eye!
2. Fire HD 8″ Kids Edition Tablet | Scooped two of these up during the Amazon Prime Day sale last month for the girls. They have never used an iPad (except once during our trip to CA last year) and I try to restrict them to long flights/car rides. These will be perfect for the flight and all the longer car rides we will have throughout Europe!
3. Wikki Stix| These things are SO cool. I discovered them during a trip to Chicago when we only had our oldest. She was 2 and played with these on the plane and in the restaurants!
4. Genius Earth FOLDABLE WATER BOTTLE | These collapse down into NOTHING, they’re great. Don’t fill them up until you are already up in the air or else they will explode ALL OVER YOU 😉
5. MySuperSnacks Granola Bars | Our girls favorite on the go snack!
6. Nature’s Bandits Organic Fruit & Veggie Stix | Another healthier option that we love!
7. YumEarth Organic Lollipops | I love having this as an emergency GET OUT OF DODGE situation. They are great for crises with kids 🙂
8. Baby Teething Necklace for Mom | This necklace gives little man something to do while he nurses because he is SO DISTRACTED! I just wear this when we travel.
9. Ergobaby 360 All Carry Positions Baby Carrier | This is the ONE baby carrier we are bringing with us on the trip. I love that it’s a 360 carrier and it’s the easiest on and off option!
10. ZOE XL2 BEST Double Travel & Everyday Umbrella Twin Stroller | I raved about this stroller about a month ago but GUYS, it truly is one of the best strollers I have ever used. It’s only 11 pounds and it’s approved by all airlines (to my understanding) and it’s got cup holders for adults AND kids with ample below stroller space for bags and such.
11. My Specialty Kids Shop Kids Backseat Organizer | We are not taking this on the plane with us but I wanted to share it with you because it’s great for car travel! It attaches to the back of the front seat and acts as a table for kids to do projects on!
12. DreambuilderToy Magnetic Tile Building Blocks | These are great for travel play! We have these when we go out to eat and the girls love them!
13. Melissa & Doug On the Go Magicolor Coloring Pad | Simple, mess free coloring!
14. Stephen Joseph Lacing Cards | These take up no space at all and the girls love fooling around with them. I will be throwing a few into my bag!
15. Melissa & Doug Water Coloring & Painting Book | Another mess free activity for the kids!
16. KIDDY DOUGH Dough On the Go | For toys, we will have the lacing cards, a few mess free coloring books, magnetic tiles and this dough on the go kit. That’s really it. Since this is a 2 week trip and we have lots of flights, car rides and restaurant adventures, I wanted to make sure I had enough things to keep them busy!
17. Melissa & Doug On the Go Color by Numbers | My 4 year old loves the color by numbers now!
18. Pampers Aqua Pure Water Baby Wipes | These wipes are great for anything! Wiping faces, butts, surfaces – etc!