Well the second time around has been difficult for us over here. I thought for sure that with my one year experience of breast feeding, I would be a pro 😉 However, every baby is different and when you are delirious and sleep deprived, you also have minimal brain power. I have been seeing a lactation consultant for Ellie and we are slowly nursing our way back to health over here. What a painful experience though, let me tell you! All you mamas know, I am sure!
I wanted to create a list of things that help me along my nursing journey and I hope that they will help you too!
1. Wireless bra with lace & Full coverage lace bra (I took out the wire because wires can cause mastitis!) –> these are my absolute FAVORITE nursing bras. I wear them on the daily and I even wore them after I was done breastfeeding. They are so comfortable!
2. Nursing Cami –> Stock up on these babies! They are so necessary and make nursing on the fly so much easier!
3. Lanolin Cream –> these will save your nipples, I promise you. Have this on hand and in your hospital bag.
4. Black & white plaid dress –> Finding cute clothing that you can also nurse in, is tough. I love the shirt dresses for fall and this one is ADORABLE.
5. Plaid Dress –> Another super cute shirt dress that makes nursing easy.
6. Wraparound cardigan –> I just love the way these loosely wrap around the front and they are great for breastfeeding
7. Lansinoh Soothies Gel Pads –> I used these when everything was really raw and hurting like the dickens. I used them for 24 hours (after applying breastmilk every time I nursed). After 24 hours I just used breast milk and then lanolin.
8. Earth Mama Angel Baby Organic Milkmaid Nursing Tea –> I love making myself a cup of tea every night and it definitely helps my milk supply as well.
9. Nursing Cover –> I love this nursing cover. It also works as a cover for car seats and shopping carts as well. Win – win!
You can also read the post that I put together on getting your milk supply back up over here! I wrote this post when I was 4 months postpartum with Liv and these all really helped me with my supply!
Other great resources for moms:
GENERAL // Things I Wish I Knew Before Our Baby Arrived (Written by over 50 other mothers!) // What to Bring a Mom after she has a Baby // New Mama Must-Haves // How to Transition from a Bottle to a Sippy Cup // Why you Should Hire a Birth Photographer // What I’ve Learned as a Mom Thus Far
BREASTFEEDING // Best Foods to Eat while Breastfeeding // Nursing Essentials // 10 Tips for those that Plan to Breastfeed // Nursing Essentials II // How to Increase your Milk Supply including a recipe for Lactation Cookies!
& don’t forget to join in on the #latenightnursingfeed!