This chicken & ranch skillet is one of the best family friendly recipes I have made as of recently. Last week I shared a few finished dishes with you over on my Instagram stories and this one was by far, my favorite. It’s absolutely delicious and the kids gobbled it up and asked for seconds. This dish will become a weekly rotation in our home for sure! As I try out new recipes each week, I will begin posting my favorites here that my kids loved as well. We all know how fussy children can be when it comes to eating dinner, so I hope that you all will find this helpful!
Chicken & Ranch Skillet
Packed with protein, brussel sprouts and whole grain rice, this skillet meal is easy to make for busy moms on the go! You can make it even quicker if you pick up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store instead of making your own! I made it myself and it was still very quick and easy! Better yet, if you have frozen chicken breasts at home, throw them in the crock pot with some ranch seasoning in the morning and then it will be ready by dinner time!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 - 1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp minched garlic
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- ranch dressing
- Trader Joe's Sriracha Ranch (for adults)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cut the stems off the brussels sprouts and cut them in half. In a medium-sized bowl, toss the sprouts with 1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil, garlic, and a small pinch of salt. Spread them evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Place sprouts in the oven and roast for 25 minutes, until crispy.
- While brussels are roasting, pat the chicken dry. Cut it up into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, cook your bacon for about 3 minutes per side until slightly crispy. Or you can throw the bacon in the microwave, which is what I did! Once bacon is done, pat dry and cut into small pieces and set aside.
- With the cast iron still hot, add your chicken in a single layer and cook thoroughly.
- Once done, turn the heat down on the cast iron to medium-low and add your brussels sprouts, cooked rice & bacon back to the skillet, along with the garlic and all the ranch seasoning.
- Stir lightly with a spoon, so the seasoning gets all over. Warm together for about 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Drizzle (or slather) ranch dressing on top!
- Serve immediately
As mentioned in the recipe, I got the Sriracha Ranch form Trader Joe’s to put on top of mine (and my husbands) and it’s SO killer good. Seriously, I am obsessed with meal.
Hope you enjoy!