Subscribe to the podcast HERE if you have an iPhone – or check out this link if you want to listen on an Android or other device!
Disclaimer: This podcast does not provide medical advice. The information on this podcast is for informational purposes only. No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Melissa Perry is back on the show again! In episode 12, she gave all kinds of tips on baby sleep training. Today we’re diving into all things toddler sleep related. Toddler sleep comes with a whole new set of challenges, as they have developed strong personalities and often become fearful of sleeping in their own room. Melissa is sharing incredibly helpful advice on how we can help our toddlers achieve the best sleep possible.
Melissa Perry is the Founder and Lead Sleep Consultant at The Cradle Coach and The Cradle Coach Academy. She has received her certification as a Happiest Baby on the Block educator and a Maternity and Baby Certified Sleep Consultant from the International Maternity and Parenting Institute. She also has her certification as a Newborn Care Advanced Specialist from the Newborn Care Training Academy. For over 10 years, she has helped entrepreneurs successfully launch their own businesses through The Cradle Coach Academy.
In this episode we discuss:
- Transitioning from two naps to one nap
- Suggestions for transitioning to a toddler bed
- What to do if your child is having night terrors
- How to handle early morning wake ups
- Creative strategies for helping kids successfully sleep in their own room
- Okay to wake alarm clock
- Crib tent
- Door monkey
- BedTime Pass
- Melissa’s BBQ Chicken pizza recipe
- Episode 12: Baby Sleep Training, Regressions, and Transitions
- LYNZYANDCO at thecradlecoach.com takes 10% off any sleep package
- LYNZYANDCO at thecradlecoachacademy.com can be used for anyone who would like to become a pediatric sleep consultant and take the online certification course. This coupon will take $500 off the full tuition price.
Connect with Melissa:
- The Cradle Coach
- The Cradle Coach Blog
- The Cradle Coach Academy
- Instagram: @thecradlecoach
- Instagram: @thecradlecoachacademy
Connect with Lynzy:
- Join the Motherhood Meets Medicine community at patreon.com/motherhoodmeetsmedicine
- Instagram: @motherhoodmeetsmedicine
- Sign up for the weekly newsletter here
Questions Asked In The Episode:
- When do we start making the transition from two to one nap?
- How do you deal with a child that is waking up at 5am?
- How do you feel about the “ok to wake” clocks?
- What are your suggestions for the transition to the toddler bed and what can you do to prevent them from getting out of it?
- What is the bedtime pass?
- How do you get out of the cycle of sleeping in the bed with your child?
- What if your child comes into your room every night around 2am?
- How do you incorporate quiet times with kids?
- Why do children have night terrors and what do we do about them?