Disclaimer: This podcast does not provide medical advice. The information on this podcast is for informational purposes only. No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Subscribe to the podcast HERE if you have an iPhone – or check out this link if you want to listen on an Android or other device!
Episode 26: What Parents Need to Know About How to Handle and Prevent Bullying with Jessica Vanderwier
Has your child ever been bullied? Perhaps your child has even been the one bullying someone else. Either scenario is not easy to handle as a parent. With social media and other technology, bullying is more present than ever before and shows up differently depending on the stage of life your child is in. Jessica Vanderwier is on the show today to talk us through how to best support our children when they are faced with bullying and how we can do our part to create an anti-bullying culture.
Jessica is a registered psychotherapist from Ontario and a mother of two girls. She shares practical parenting tips daily on @ourmamavillage on Instagram and she also has a free masterclass on 3 Secrets to Punishment Free Parenting.
In this episode we discuss:
- The definition of bullying
- How to raise kids who don’t bully
- Signs that your child is being bullied
- First steps to take if your child is being bullied
- Free Masterclass: 3 Secrets to Punishment Free Parenting
- Good Pictures Bad Pictures Jr: A Simple Plan to Protect Young Minds
- Good Pictures Bad Pictures: Porn-Proofing Today’s Young Kids
- Gordon Ramsay’s scrambled eggs recipe
Connect with Jessica:
Connect with Lynzy:
- Join the Motherhood Meets Medicine community at patreon.com/motherhoodmeetsmedicine
- Instagram: @motherhoodmeetsmedicine
- Sign up for the weekly newsletter here
Questions answered in this episode:
- What is the definition of bullying?
- What are the signs your child is being bullied?
- What can you do if your child is being bullied?
- What can we do in our homes that will help our kids not be raised to be bullies?
- How do you react when another parent isn’t willing to address that their child is bullying?
- What can we do to prevent cyber bullying when they have a cell phone?
- How does a parent teach their child to stand up for themselves without letting them get bullied in the meantime?