This post is sponsored by the Vitamin Shoppe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Postpartum exercise. Something I dread but also something that can make you feel so great about yourself. Getting back into the groove after being laid up on a couch recovering for 6+ weeks can be so tough. I wanted to provide you all with some great postpartum exercise resources that I found helpful along the way. I will also give you one of my favorite post-exercise smoothie recipes – a strawberry blueberry smoothie!
Before I introduce you to some of my favorite resources, I want to tell you a little bit about one of my favorite post workout smoothies – the power strawberry blueberry smoothie! Well, to be honest, I drink it ALL the time. Not just after workouts! It’s healthy and delicious and also has AppeFIT from the Vitamin Shoppe added in. If you don’t know what that is… I am about to tell you! 🙂
We all know what it’s like being a busy mom and running all over the place, forgetting to bring a snack and feeding our children before we ever feed ourselves. This delicious Power Strawberry Blueberry smoothie has a scoop of an amazing drink mix that helps to reduce hunger and cravings. It helps you feel full for up to 5 hours, which is great when you are a busy mom on the GO! AppeFIT contains Appethyl, which is an all-natural spinach extract. It’s been clinically researched and proved to reduce hunger and cravings while promoting a feeling of fullness for about 5 hours.
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ banana
- 1 scoop of AppeFIT
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit oil (to help absorption)
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon organic blue agave
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients (except chia seeds) into your blender and mix together until smooth.
- Add chia seeds to the top and enjoy!
The best postpartum exercise resources
- Follow @bubs2bikinis on Instagram // This is a mother who creates workouts that you can easily do with your children around. She has twins and manages to look absolutely amazing and she is such an inspiration!
- Follow @fit_moms_of_ig on Instagram // Another IG profile that I love to follow for inspiration and encouragement!
- Join Kayla Itsines Workout Program // I joined this after baby Ellie and I have been using it for about 7 weeks. I find that it’s extremely motivating and it’s great to have someone else choosing your workout for the day. It includes resistance training and cardio training and it tells you how much to do for each day. It’s also immensely helpful to see how much you have accomplished on the calendar!
- Postnatal Core Workout // This workout is great because it includes modifications for diastasis recti as well!
- Do you have diastasis recti? // Here is a great way to check if you have it!
- Workout Plan // Fit to be Pregnant and Beyond has a great postpartum diet and exercise plan that you can take a peek at here! It’s a great workout that won’t affect your milk supply, since that is always a huge concern postpartum!
- Personal Trainer ONLINE! // You can hire a trainer online that will be able to answer all of your questions and create the perfect workout routine for you. My favorite is Fit For Birth!
Do you have any other great resources that you think I should add to this list?
Thank you to the Vitamin Shoppe for sponsoring today’s content! 🙂