We have a fun guest blogger today who will be sharing an amazing recipes for your little ones (and adults) today! Hoping to build up quite a few recipes here on my blog for you to browse through when you are in need of recipe inspiration (which is me – every single day). Here we go!
Hi everyone! My name is Kat and I run the healthy kid and family food blog called Delicious Little Kitchen. I am so excited to be a guest on Lynzy’s Blog today! When she approached me and asked if I was interested to partner up with her to post healthy kid recipes here I did not hesitate when I said YES! So stay tuned as you will be seeing my recipes here on a regular basis. I had two very fussy eaters from an early age and they wouldn’t eat any visible vegetables and that’s when I started to hide their vegetables into their regular meals whenever possible.
This Vegetable Quinoa Fritatta is such a versatile dish, you can use your choice of vegetables and it still tastes so good. I have made this dish so many times and every time I’ve used different vegetables, mostly whatever I have in my fridge. I promise even your picky eater will enjoy this. All the vegetables and quinoa are super soft so it’s also a perfect BLW dish. I would serve this from 7 months old providing your kids are not allergic to egg and dairy.
Give this a try and let us know your feedback in the comments below.
- · 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (cold)
- · 1 medium carrot (grated)
- · 1/2 small cauliflower (grated)
- · 1/2 cup green beans (steamed or cooked then chopped)
- · 1/2 cup cheese of choice (we like Cheddar and Gouda) -optional
- · 5 eggs
- · 1/2 tsp pink / sea salt (omit for babies under 12m old)
- · olive or coconut oil for frying
- 1. Preheat the oven to 360 ° F / 180°C. Heat up a large frying pan with oil over medium high heat. Add carrot and cauliflower and sauté until almost cooked, then add chopped green beans and let sauté for a couple more minutes
- 2. Move the veggies to a large bowl, add quinoa, cheese, salt and eggs. Mix until it's well combined.
- 3. Line a medium size baking tray with parchment paper. Pour the mixture into it and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the middle comes out non sticky.