I am constantly on the hunt for a recipe that my whole family will enjoy and whenever I find one, I love to share it with you! This kid friendly chili that I found awhile back on Skinny Taste has been a huge hit in our family and I love that you can make enough to eat for two nights in a row. It’s the perfect meal for fall and winter when it starts to get chilly (no pun intended) outside. My girls love to take sweet potato tortilla chips and scoop out the chili! Since my girls can be picky eaters at times, this is a great way to make sure they get some protein and fiber!
KID FRIENDLY CHILI
I just love crockpot meals since I have limited time to make dinner. I love being able to throw it all in there and just turning it on! When 5 pm rolls around, all you have to do is serve it! I also have an instant pot but to be honest, the thing scares me and I still have yet to use it! Any tips on how to work it properly is highly encouraged in the comment section! HA.
- 1.5 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 10 oz can Mild Tomatoes
- 8 oz small can plain tomato sauce
- 8 oz. can black beans
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- diced avocado
- reduced fat sour cream
- reduced fat shredded cheese
- baked sweet potato tortilla chips
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the turkey, season with salt and cook, breaking up with a spoon until turkey browns and is no longer pink; place into the slow cooker.
- Add the oil to the skillet and sauté the onion, garlic and bell pepper over medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon over turkey into the slow cooker and stir in corn, beans, and tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, paprika and salt, mix until well blended.
- Pour chicken broth into the crock pot and add the bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 6 hours.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Here are a few other recipes from my blog that you may enjoy as well:
Quick & Easy Chicken Noodle Soup // Turkey Stuffed Peppers // No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bites // Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken // Healthy Blueberry Vanilla Popsicles // Cauliflower Rice // Easy Spinach, Mushroom & Onion Fritatta
OR visit this quick and healthy dinner post where I include all the recipes that were recommended by my motherhood community! I polled them and asked what their go-to favorites recipes were for their families!