- DRINK a crap ton of fluids. We are taking gallons. Like so much water that you think you might just burst at the seams 🙂 Even better than water, is gatorade. I drank a ton of it.
- Fenugreek. A godsend. I took this 4 times per day and it makes me smell like maple syrup (there are worse things, right?) Once your supply is back where you want it, you can stop taking it. I purchased mine at a local health food store, but you can grab some here too.
- Rest. Your body cannot make the milk your baby needs unless you are getting the rest that you need. My lactation consultant is adamant about this. Give the babe to the hubby/grandma/someone and GO TO BED girlfriend!
- Eat. Now, I should tell you to try to eat as much as possible and try to eat healthy….but to be honest, I just ate whatever. I ate like a horse. Seriously. Every hour, a snack.
- Steel Cut Oats need to become your best friend. I had a bowl of this twice a day. I LOVE this stuff. I put organic maple syrup and berries on mine!
- One bottle of Guinness per day. Yes, beer. It’s yummy, it relaxes you, and it increases your boobie juice. Drink it.
- Eat dark leafy greens. I was making spinach salad with tuna/carrots (also increase your supply) || You can also eat asparagus/brown rice/hummus
- Lactation Cookies || The best damn cookies you’ll ever eat. Seriously, I love these and I ate like 4 a day. I swear they helped to increase my supply!
Here is the lactation cookie recipe I used: