Olivia started going to “school” when she was only 2 years old and I wanted to create a blog post about lunch ideas for kids since we have been packing one for her ever since! We have this amazing school program for only a few hours in the morning and it has been great to teach her structure and she has been learning so much! It was difficult for me in the beginning trying to pack up her lunches because they don’t heat up their food at school. So “cold lunches” weren’t something that I was used to. Thankfully I have begun to get the hang of it and I thought I would share a few of the lunch ideas that I have been using throughout the last two years for her!
5 Lunch Ideas for Kids
Lunch Idea #1
Sandwich skewers with turkey, cheese & pickles // GoGo squeeZ® applesauce pouch // pretzels
Lunch Idea #2
Pepperoni slices, cheese squares & crackers // GoGo squeeZ® applesauce pouch // Blueberries
Lunch Idea #3
Hard Boiled Eggs // Cheese Stick // Grapes // Crackers with PB
Lunch Idea #4
Chicken salad finger sandwich // Carrots with Hummus // Apple Slices (soak the slices in water to prevent browning)
Lunch Idea #5
Heart Shaped PB & J // Cucumbers & Carrots with Hummus // GoGo squeeZ® applesauce
Olivia’s school that she is in now doesn’t allow peanut butter so typically I will omit the “peanut butter sandwich” for egg salad, chicken salad, or turkey and cheese! She loves when I use our cookie cutters to create shapes for her sandwiches! J GoGo squeeZ® applesauce pouches are super easy to add into any lunch and I love that they are made with 100% fruit and there is no artificial anything! They are healthy and delicious and come in a variety of flavors (like AppleBerry & AppleBanana).
Another tip is that if you want to send your child off to school with a “hot” lunch, purchase thermal holders that keep your food hot for up to 5 hours! It’s perfect if you wanted to send pasta or soup with your kids to school and they don’t have access to a microwave! Typically I just make Olivia cold lunches, but having this option is nice so we bought one last year and it works really well!
I would love to know what you typically send your kids to school with! Any fun options that I can add to the list?! Share your answer with me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Sweeps” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
- This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via the sweeps@sheknows email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here.This sweepstakes runs from 8/8-9/30/2017
Be sure to visit the brand page on SheKnows.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!